I'm sure you do not doubt the fact that our body is - a harmonious system, in which the soul and the body are integrated. The scientists found a direct dependence of human health from the mind: emotional lingering injuries lead to disruption of the immune system and the development of serious diseases.
It is a quite natural way to restore the protective functions of the body due to medicinal methods (aromatherapy, music, art therapy, relaxation, and others) which affect the human psyche.
Aromatherapy with stress and depression is the fastest and most effective way to correct the immune system and restore health, eliminating the need for tranquilizers.
Today, let's talk about why stress destroys the immune system and creates a depression. At the end of the article you will find safe and effective aromatherapy depression recipes for nervous disorders. I hope the information will be useful.
Stress and immunity
There are stereotypes about the causality: stress - depression - the development of immunodeficiency - infection, oncology and other somatic diseases.
Good to know:
- Immunity is - a system to protect the body from the harmful effects from outdoors, the ability to resist and, at the same time, to adapt to change. Read on to get more information about the acquired and natural immunity.
- Stress is - the body's response to the strong influence from outdoors.
Stress may be physiological and psychological:
- Physiological: is response to sudden changes in temperature, pressure in the atmosphere, solar activity, background radiation, dehydration and others.
- Psychological (emotional stressors): grief, fear, trauma, conflict, joy, delight, and others.
How does stress work in our body
Whatever the nature of the stressor was, in our body always a physiological process starts that ensures human activity in the changed conditions: stress hormones are released into the blood. Their moderate release is useful and mobilizes our hidden reserves.
For example, there is a mobilization of protective functions in the process of preparing for the exams, after parachute jump, emergency life-threatening circumstances. This kind of stress is called eustress or positive, it causes behavioral and physiological changes that contribute to adaptation and the best interaction of the nervous and immune systems.
Important! Strong and prolonged stress can cause many diseases: fears, phobias, insomnia, depression, neuroses and other psychosomatic disorders. Diseases of the soul and body are called psychosomatic disorders. The term is derived from the Greek word "psycho" and "soma" that mean the soul and the body, respectively.
Depression can become serious complications of stress that have been known yet to our ancient ancestors.
There is a hypothesis, suggesting evolutionary patterns of depression: modern humans, as a species, lost evolutionary the urge to survive, but improved adaptation to the environment, developed a specific mechanism for withdrawal from active reproductive process and of life itself through depression, which destroys the immune system.
It should be noted that a number of conditions influence the irreversible destruction of health:
- The degree of depression;
- Type of nervous system and personality traits;
- Age, sex, psychological characteristics of a person and others.
The degree of depression. Prolonged and deep depression depletes the body, increases the risk of cancer and immune disorders. Short-term stress, on the contrary, has a positive effect on the immune system.
Type of nervous system and personality traits. There are two polar personality types of people:
- some people are aggressive, aspire to leadership, they have increased resistance to disease and stress, strong immunity;
- others, on the contrary, they are indecisive, in good faith, reserved, strictly adhere to social norms. The people of this type easy get depressed; often suffer from infections and other diseases. They are at risk for immunodeficiency.
Age and sex. Older people, the elderly and children are most vulnerable and defenseless. They are at risk of immunodeficiency.
From the above, we can conclude that a person who has disorders of the immune system should recover it from the impact on the psyche.
Behavioral medicine is based on this mechanism, which includes the image, laughter, music, art therapy, auditory training, relaxation, healthy lifestyle. Numerous studies have shown that the human immune system is - the sixth sense, lends itself well to restore using psychological methods.
Aromatherapy is one of the most effective ways to achieve immunological and psychological well-being. The effectiveness of aromatherapy for depression is due to the fact that smell loses its significance due to the evolution of the higher animals and humans. Its functions are transferred immunity. How does aromatherapy help with stress and depression
Aromatherapy oils for depression improve mental and physiological parameters of the body, they correct the immune system. Additionally, without exception, all essential oils are natural antibiotics.
Aromatherapy healing: Bath and aromatherapy diffuser
- You can significantly improve your psychological state (depression) by using citrus aromatherapy oils for depression.
- Headaches, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, irritability are successfully treated with oils of rosewood, citrus, ylang-ylang, basil, juniper, mint, geranium, cypress, rose, lavender, patchouli, marjoram.
- Melancholy and despondency is treated with oils of bergamot, geranium, chamomile, jasmine, Neroli, lavender, sandalwood, orange, ylang-ylang.
- If you have a mental disorder, obsessive fear, you can use rose, tea tree, Vetiver and violet.
- Essential oils of lavender, sandalwood, geranium improve mood, relieve headaches, fatigue, insomnia, help.
- Sedation is achieved by applying of lavender, sandalwood, rose, hops, geranium, lemon balm, Neroli, jasmine, marjoram, chamomile, bergamot, valerian, Vetiver, patchouli, benzoin, Petitgrain.
- Frankincense, juniper, vanilla, Clary sage, ylang-ylang will give you deep relaxation.
If you require special attention (e.g., driving), use these oils with caution. Clary sage can cause nightmares and hallucinations, if you use them with hard liquors.
- Lavender, jasmine and lemon enhance concentration and memory.
Learn more about aromatherapy essential oil diffuser...
Aromatherapy essential oils - recipes
How to use: add to the bath 10 drops of any oils listed above (2-3 times a week) or aromatherapy diffuser (daily).
- To improve memory you can apply a blend of oils of rosemary (4 parts), basil and thyme (3 parts), use to 10 drops of for oil burner.
- When apathy (inhibition) you can use following blend of oils: apply 4 pieces of ginger, 3 parts of eucalyptus and mint in the aromatherapy bath or oil burner to 10 drops of.
- For a good sleep you may use the following useful blend of bergamot, ylang-ylang (1: 1), to 10 drops of in an aromatherapy diffuser, 2 hours before a night's sleep.
- Fatigue, weakness, mental stress will be removed basil 4 parts, thyme and lemon grass (3 parts). Use in the bath or burner to 10 drops of.
- When feelings of fear, anxiety will be relieved by bergamot, chamomile, Clary sage, lavender, thyme, frankincense, rose, patchouli, sandalwood and Vetiver. Mix 2-3 oils, used in the bath or in an oil burner to 10 drops of, 3 times a week.
- You may get rid of irritability with the help of a blend of lavender (4 parts), rose, tangerine (3 parts) used in the bath, or oil burner to 10 drops of.
Aromatherapy massage oils for depression
Except inhalation of aromas and taking aromatic baths, massage with essential oils has a strong therapeutic effect. Massage movements help the penetration of medicinal components of oils in the blood.
To get rid of nervous irritability and tension you may apply aromatherapy massage oils such as lavender, sandalwood, geranium, jasmine, cedar, patchouli, rose, ylang- ylang which strengthen the nervous cells (basil, thyme, lemon, sage). Add 5 drops of essential oils of mandarin, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and incense to 50 ml of carrier oil.
With the help of the methods of aromatherapy for depression and stress you can restore the immune system and mental balance without antidepressants and tranquilizers.
Important: in the article we are only talking about 100% natural oils. Applying essential oils, take at least 2 liters of water a day.
Since the use of essential oils, read the safety precautions for aromatherapy and consult your doctor.
Aromatherapy essential oils: how to use aromatherapy for depression: