Aromatherapy – it is a treatment with plant scents
Aromatherapy techniques known since ancient times (herbal inhalation, baths, burning incense on the premises for rest and sleep).
The secret of a treatment with the help of aromatherapy scents of flowers, resins and grains even our ancestors knew. They believed that the strong-smelling plants have magical properties, affecting primarily on the human soul. And through this property of fragrances the healers treated with various diseases of the body, as they believed that the root cause of almost all the diseases was imbalance soul.
In ancient times, the flavors were used everywhere. Incense helped the birth of babies, facilitating childbirth (cloves), maintained a healthy body (lemon, backgammon, pine, juniper) and a spirit (frankincense, myrrh); aromas retained youth and beauty (rose, Neroli); flavors were an integral part of the art of love (Vetiver (band), ylang- ylang, nutmeg). Fragrances were used for religious services or last farewell. Essential oils were a major component of embalming. In India, China, Persia technique for production of essential oils was on such a high level that still remains unchanged.
In the XIX century in the production of aromatherapy scents and medicine began to replace chemical production, and in medical practice - formaldehyde method. Chemical and synthetic counterparts of natural substances and materials began to appear. However, the composition of essential oils is so complicated that the playback of all the chemical components of the fragrance (and there may be up to 500) is virtually impossible. But, unfortunately, synthetic fragrances not only have healing properties, but also very often have a negative impact on the body.
On Earth, there are about 3000 species of plants, which are the therapeutic essential oils.
Natural aromatherapy essential oils - are substances that are produced by plants to protect themselves, they have a high biological activity and are not amenable to chemical playback.
Natural essential oils - this is the life force of plants, natural antioxidants; they are harmless to the human body.
In the 1930s all progressive clinics in Europe began to use essential oils for the recovery of patients after injury, surgery or acute pathological processes. By the 1960s year of academic study, effects of fragrances on the human body have more clear outlines.
In the 90s aromatherapy receives medical pronounced commercial development. In Western Europe, the US, Canada and Japan, there are hundred offices aromatherapy research institutes, published dozens of books, magazines are published on aromatherapy. Aromatherapy helps to improve the mental state of the person, improves blood circulation and lymphatic fluid balances the processes occurring in the body, and thus increases its resistance. Methods aromatherapy scents quickly introduced into the circulatory system of man, which carries the healing molecules in the body.
Smell the flowers produces a kind of massage thin internal human body and awaken vitality. However, it is necessary to inhale the aroma, thinking about the benefits of this procedure.
In the absence of color, it is useful to keep in the room a small pine tree, or spray resinous essences that destroy mold and staphylococci.
The therapeutic effect of aromatherapy scents
- Aromatherapy scents can both accelerate and slow down the rhythm of respiratory movements. Aromatherapy scents of lavender, geranium, eucalyptus oil increases the excitability of the nervous and muscular system. Scents of oak and birch reduce blood pressure, good for the brain vessels. In the coniferous forest hypertension patients better be in the winter, in the summer of the same may appear painful and can disrupt heart activity.
- Aromatherapy scents of flowers of viburnum, hawthorn, valerian root, birch has a calming effect.
- To relax the muscles use the smell of grass, sage, sweet clover.
- The scent of birch leaves increases the permeability of the bronchi, reduces fatigue aroma of the flowers of tansy, yarrow, chamomile, and inhalation of essential oils of flowers rose hips lower blood pressure.
- The scent of valerian slow blood clotting.
- The camphor smell of some species of Artemisia, Schisandra stimulates the central nervous system.
- Scents of raspberry leaf, meadow-sweet improve efficiency of the brain; the heart - mint.
- Reduce migraine headaches: smells of thyme, sage, tansy, rowan, daisies.
- The scent of peppermint relieves nausea, improves digestion.
Some essential oils are used for the prevention of postoperative complications and reduce the timing of wound healing.
Aromatherapy scents of flowers and plants can breathe not only in the woods or park, but also at home.
- Branches of pine needles or needle spray extract or peppermint increase the tone and create positive emotions.
Helena Roerich said that to keep the house small coniferous trees or plants mint means to protect themselves from the dark entities.
Aromatherapy scents are able to lift the mood, relieve fatigue and add strength, and in some cases cure illness. There are many recipes use of aromatic oils that have the ability to positively influence on the body and on the person's feelings. Fumigation facilities can be used incenses - candlesticks with a capacity of over an aromatherapy candle, which is poured in diluted essential oil. The number of drops is determined depending on the size of the room.
What is a aromatherapy massage? Learn more...
The most fragrant plants containing essential oils. Many efironosov found in plants of the family Labiatae (Lamiaceae), umbrella (Apiaceae), Compositae (Asteraceae), saxifrage (Saxifra-gaceae).
Plants with glandular spots, glands, glandular hairs, usually clearly visible to the naked eye. This group includes most species of Labiatae, saxifrage, Asteraceae.
Essential oils of various plants have different effect on certain organs.
- Itchy skin is eliminated with the help of grapefruit, lavender, lemon, peppermint and chamomile.
- To treat cellulite, apply orange, lemon, bergamot, pine and juniper.
- Dry, thin hair is treated with orange, ylang-ylang, mandarin, sage and chamomile.
- If you have oily hair, use grapefruit, lemon, thyme, cedar and balm.
- Brittle nails - cedar, lemon, eucalyptus, patchouli, myrrh and lavender.
- Jasmine enhances capacity for work.
- Ylang-ylang relaxes and soothes.
- The aroma of violets encourages the development of mental skills.
- Citrus cares about how to strengthen the body's energy and spirit.
There are aromatherapy blends that can stimulate the activity of man in the workplace: eucalyptus, rosemary, basil, bergamot and grapefruit. Eucalyptus and rosemary are best suited for fumigation of premises in the morning and afternoon, and lavender - in the evening.
When making facial masks, creams you need to mix essential oil and the base, starting with 2-3 drops of per a small number of bases (the tip of a teaspoon), gradually adding the base.
Aromatherapy tips: effects of aromatherapy scents: